There a number of keys components that will lead to a great relationship with your dog.
- Leadership and structure are very important keys to having a healthy, happy dog. The way your dog views you has an impact on the structure in your household. Respect and trust go hand in hand with one another. Both the owner as well as the dog must learn and earn respect and trust in order for the relationship to work. They will follow the leader because leader will provide food shelter, exercise and direction as well as discipline. Dog rely on structure and routine. They need to know what to expect and follow through out the day. They need to know that they will be fed and given plenty of exercise and play sessions.
- Exercise is also an important key in controlling undesirable behavior. Dog must have some sort of outlet for all their energy. Also every dog needs a job. Finding the right job for your dog will harass some of the energy. A tired Dog is a Good Dog. It is the owners responsibility to make sure the dog has enough physical as well as mental stimulation everyday.
- Time and Patience. Your dog will need these the most. You will need to know, that teaching your dog will be a continuing education. You will have to be commit to teaching your dog each and everyday. This does not mean spending hours on end. It might mean just spending 10 minutes a day reinforcing desire behavior. Like practice sitting before being fed, going out the door or even sitting when putting leash on.
- Training session should be short and fun. Dog will get bored very easily. Make training a fun exciting game for dog.
- Find what motivates the dog. Every dog is different and is motivated by different things. Some are motivated by food treats others by toys or even attention.
My training methods include...
Positive Reinforcement to motivate desire behavior
Redirect unwanted behavior by introducing alternative behavior
Once you experience professional dog training, you will wonder why you waited until now. I look forward to working with you and your dog.
I am a dog lover first, and a dog trainer second. I know from first-hand experience the difference dog training makes in the relationship between dog and owner. Without professional training it can sometimes be a frustrating relationship, but with an investment in good training a wonderful transformation will occur.
I have been working with dogs and their owners for many years and there is nothing which satisfies me more than to see a happy dog and a happy owner!
My mission is to help you and your dog enjoy many happy years together.